Thursday, February 19, 2009

Let's go back, shall we

I want to back up a bit and post about V-day, our V-day family tradition is a special breakfast together. Usually we have Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, this year I wanted to try something different. So we had these

Chocolate Heart Pancakes <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4qJPojLeSfs/SZ1COKePF9I/AAAAAAAAAQs/CO8R-z7suXU/s1600-h/jan-feb09+025.jpg">and were totally yummy. I was gonna post the recipe but I want to have pictures of the batter when I do, it looked almost like chocolate mousse, it was beautiful.
So I am saving that for another post. Here goes my next picture

sopapilla cheesecake This was soooooooooo yummy. My only grief was that I didn't want to wait for it to cool and set up properly. On the other side it was REALLY good warm/hot, and also REALLY good after it had cooled. Wow, this was super dooper easy, quick, pretty & delicious!
Some day I will get better about taking pictures of my cooking processes......... then again maybe it's better this way, I am really messy when I cook ;)

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those pancakes look so good! Nice and fluffy. And chocolatey.

ChristineM said...

Those pancakes look great, but that Sopapilla Cheesecake!!! I just saw it on AR recently and can't wait to try it!! But alas...I am trying to eat healthy...sigh!

thamesarino said...

those sopapillas look soooo good! I wish my man liked cheesecake! : (

and I often think about how nice it would have been to take pictures of my process..... once it's done and too late! ; )
half the time I'm not making something I realize I would want to take pictures of until it is done... : )

Erica Hanks said...

Sopapilla cheesecake!!! SHUT UP! lol It looks so delicious! I am going to try it asap!!

Lissaloo said...

lol, I'm anti-planning-ahead I think, not on purpose but I think I must have a rebellious streak buried down deep that is acting out :)

Sara said...

Both of these dishes look amazing! I love sopapillas, I can only imagine how good they'd be in cheesecake form.

aubrie said...

Those both look amazing! What a cute breakfast Valentine's day tradition!

Donna-FFW said...

OK, how did I miss the sopapilla cheesecake post. I want it. It sounds freaking awesome.

Monica H said...

Love Sopaipillas! How come I've never had chocolate pancakes? I've been missing out!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie