Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Salmon CheeseBall

So I got an odd phone call from my sister a couple days ago, which by the way is perfectly normal, wondering where in the world I buy the salmon cheeseball that I quite frequently bring to family gatherings. She had been searching all the grocery stores for it, I said ummm, I make it. (Who would buy a store bought cheeseball, yuck).
When I offered her the recipe, she very sweetly asked if I could just make her one (cause she loves me so much <3). So I did but I made her watch how because I am not, no matter what anyone says, a short order cook (which I never say because my family starts to laugh & say well you ARE short and you DO cook, ha ha ha, never gets old). SO to get to the point, I am a rambler :) I thought it would be fun to do a step by step of my yummy Salmon Cheeseball.

So step 1- you need 2- 8oz pkgs room temp. cream cheese, about 8 oz of cooked salmon, 2c. shredded chedder cheese, 1t. Worcestershire sauce, & about 1T. Season All salt.
Step 2- Beat together all the ingred. except the shredded cheese,
see how technical it is :)

Step 3- Scrape the sides of your bowl & add in 1c. of the shredded cheese.

Step 4- Place half of the remaining cheese on a plate, using a spatula scoop half of the cheeseball mixture onto the plate.

Step 5- Form into a ball while rolling in the cheese. Wrap tightly in saran wrap to hold the shape, repeat with the other half & store both balls in the fridge. I usually make these a day ahead, but not always :)

Step 6- (The most important) Serve with your favorite crackers, yum!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This sounds delicious! I love salmon. And cheese. Match made in heaven!

Lissaloo said...

My kiddo's love this, my 9 year old makes it for himself sometimes, it's one of his favorite things.

thamesarino said...

This sounds yummy!! Salmon is one of my favorite splurges! : )... and my kids love it too! sadly my little ones can't have that much dairy or they break out.. but maybe I'll make it for me for my next football game! : )

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie