Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fleecy Fringed Fun- Krafting with Miss K

I'm sure everyone has seen or made one of these-

This is one Miss K made herself, I cut the fringes and she tied them. It is a really great way for your kiddo to "make" their own blanket. These also would be a great gift for your child to make for a friend or relative. All you need is some fleece material and scissors.
For a 2 layer blanket I use 1-1/2 yards each of 2 coordinating fleece, or for a single layer blanket just 1-1/2 yards of fleece.
It only took Miss K and I about 30 minutes from start to finish to make her new blanket. I didn't take pictures while she was making it (mom was being lazy :) But here are a few really great sites with instructions for making them.

Double Layer Fleece Blanket Instruction 1

Double Layer Fleece Blanket Instruction 2

Single Layer Fleece Blanket Instructions

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun, easy idea!

BashfulToast said...

I love those kind of blankets! They are always so comfy!!

Monica H said...

What a great project. I love fleece blankets.

betty said...

very nice! she did a great job!! I have a friend who makes blankets like this for the military; I helped her make some last summer; it was fun!

betty

Lissaloo said...

Miss K made 4 little one-layer ones for our dog, they turned out really cute :)

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie