Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In the Mood for some Bakin'

There are SO many cooking/baking/food blogs out there, it's too much fun :) I have googled several things like baking blogspot and cooking blogspot ect..... I'm sure you get the picture, and now have a pile of recipes tagged to try- It's almost worst than my All Recipes recipe box, Almost ;)
Anyway one that I have come across a couple times and always catches my eye is called
The Sisters' Cafe

Part of my fascination with this blog is the wish that I could get all my sisters to do a cooking blog with me, how fun would that be!!! I love the idea & will begin asking/begging them right away :) The other part would be, of course, the FOOD! They have tons of great recipes and pictures, Yum, Yumm, Yummy!! I actually made 2 of theirs today, I have been going through cooking/baking withdrawal. And my poor family is having a hard time remembering what a home-made treat/dinner tastes like! While I have been down my Hubby has mostly done instant or fast food- although one night he did make a pretty good Goulash- Kudos to my Honey.

Anyway I thought I would surprise the Kiddos with some Pumpkin Bars as an after-school treat. Shepherds Pie for Dinner, and for Breakfast tomorrow- Home Made Cinnamon Rolls. That should hold them for awhile.


















So here we have the Link for the Pumpkin Bars Recipe. And here is the link to the
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. The Shepherds Pie one is in my head, I will try to post it for you, although I'm pretty sure most of you probably already have your standard go to recipe for that :) :)

Shepherds Pie
Ingred;
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 can each corn, peas, beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup-(shhhhh... this is a secret from my Family, they are not mushroom fans)
2 pkts brown gravy mix- equal to making 2 cups gravy
1-1/2c. cool water
3c. mashed potatoes
1c. shredded cheddar cheese

Brown your beef, when cooked through add vegies, & soup, whisk together the water & gravy mix & add to the rest. Cook until thick & bubbly. Pour into a 9x13 pan, spread the potatoes over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 min.
This is my families favorite variation of Shepherds Pie, so there ya go.
Happy Wednesday All!!!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My mom used to make Shepards PIe, and I always loved it.

And I spent about 30 minutes at work looking at AllRecipes. I love that site!

Willoughby said...

You must be feeling a lot better to do all that cooking and baking! It all looks good, but one of those pumpkin bars would really go nicely with my coffee this morning!

I'm going to head over to The Sisters' Cafe and check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Anne said...

Your cake, cinnamon roll and shephards pie look so good! I am glad you like our site! It is really fun to do a cooking blog with sisters. I hope you can talk your sisters into it:) Thanks for your comment and link! You have a very cute family!

Mindy said...

I love Sheperd's Pie, too. My mom used to make it fairly regularly when I was a child, and it is definitely comfort food now! Thanks for visiting The Sisters' Cafe, too. You're right, it is SO fun to do our blog together as sisters. Especially since Erin lives far away, and Brittany is moving soon, too. I hope you can talk your sisters into it! And I saw that you recently had surgery... I hope you are doing better! Great blog!

Monica H said...

My brother is not a mushroom fan either, but he doesn't know what comes out of that can :-)

Those pumkin bars look wonderful- it looks like a great snack cake. Glad you're getting back in the groove of things!

Lissaloo said...

I am feeling pretty good, I can't stand sitting/laying around for too long, I get antsy, lol. Thanks for all the kind comments everyone, I am healing well. And very glad to be able to get up & around finally! :)

L.B. said...

Those Pumpkin Bars look fantastic!

Glad you're feeling better. Was hoping you'd recover quickly.

Nonna said...

Oh, boy now you've got me in the mood for baking too. That all looks so gooood !!!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie