Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Creative versus Competitive

This year for the pinewood derby K drew a great design for his car. His dad tried to get him to change his plan because it wasn't very aerodynamic. The design he said would slow the car down and the purpose of the PD is for your car to go fast, to try to win.
My sweet little K, (don't tell him I said sweet- I said Super Cool K ;) Said that he didn't care he wanted to make his design. Last year his car took 3rd in his troop and 12 in the region I think. Last year his dad spent A LOT of time helping him make the perfect car. This year is was about a 3 hour process from start to finish & K did almost everything his self (which Mom says is the point of the PD) So here is the Super Cool Boy with his Car- The Comet





No matter what he placed this year, we didn't pay attention, I am very proud of my little man for choosing to be his own amazing creative self <3

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, and thank you for your condolences. They are much appreciated.

R Allen said...

What a cool car!
M placed 4th in his derby this year which he was pretty ticked about because he is used to getting 1st or 2nd.

The movie "Down and Derby" is an accurate depiction of our ward at this time of the year.

Lissaloo said...

My hubby had to watch that, what a crazy movie!

Willoughby said...

Love that car! He did a great job!

Raoulysgirl said...

YAY for letting him do it himself!!!...and for not focusing on the outcome!!! Sometimes "getting there" is more important than the destination! Good for you!!!!!!!!!

Lissaloo said...

Thank You :) I think it looks awesome too, I am completely biased though :)

Nonna said...

Cool car...we probably made 3 or 4 of them for each of our four boys AND the Hubs !

Unknown said...

Oh what a handsome boy with the cool car! I'd be proud of him, too! (we're on year 4 with the PD cars, ourselves).

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie