Friday, January 16, 2009

One great read


I just finished this book for probably the forth or fifth time,
Daughter of the Forest by- Juliet Marillier
is a beautiful retelling of the Celtic "Swans" myth, it is a mixture of history and fantasy, myth and magic, legend and love... To reclaim the lives of her brothers and break the spell that has been cast she will have to follow a path of pain, loss and love. But magic knows no boundaries, and Sorcha will have to choose between the life she has always known and a love that comes only once.

This is one of a series of 4, I really enjoyed reading this one it is my favorite in the series. I picked it up because I already knew of the myth & was intrigued by the thought of it turned into a book.
It's definitely a great read :)

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like an interesting book, Lissa.

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie