Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life Long Love <3 <3


I have been having a Love affair with reading since I first learned to read, I remember the first time I read Anne of Green Gables, I was in the second grade- 8 years old, I LOVED it. I read the whole set and moved on to Trixie Belden, Black Stallion, Nancy Drew, Tarzan, Jane Austen, Louis L'Amour - you name it I have probably read it. My very first job was in a used bookstore, The Book Rack, when I was 16. Talk about your dream job. I minored in English in College where I fell in love with Classic Literature & Poetry the only thing I didn't like was having to write a paper on Tess of the d'Urbervilles, I have never disliked a book more, I am more of a happy ending type of person & that book rubbed me raw. Now I don't mind realistic books, because I know life isn't all roses & rainbows, but that one was really hard to finish.


I enjoy books that make me laugh, & ones that make me cry, I'm not big on Mysteries but I do enjoy a good one every now & then. I stay away from the horror section although I have picked up a couple from there that a friend recommended. I am completely biased on the western books, you can blame my Gram for that, no one & I mean NO ONE can write a western like Louis so why bother reading any others??
So if anyone is looking for a good read I have some great recommendations for ya.

I love that I have the ability to read, & access to more books than anyone could ever want.

I love that I have been able to pass my love of reading onto my Children.

I love my Big Sister for reading to me when I was little.

I love that My Dad now reads the same Dr. Seuss books to my Children that he read to me when I was little.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm always on the look out for good books for book club!

McCrazys said...

I had to come scope out the lady who made the best comment ever on my blog. Can I just say I love your playlist? Also this post made me cry happy tears. I love knowing that people like you exist in the world. Enjoy your great life!

Lissaloo said...

Thank You, that's very sweet of you :)

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie