Sunday, January 11, 2009

Huckleberries Rock :)

We LOVE Huckleberries. When I was little my family would make a trip up the mountain to pick Huckleberries in the summer. It's one of my great childhood memories, & I'm glad to say that I have been able to take my kiddos to do the same. I don't have any pictures of us picking but I did find some great pictures of huckleberries to share with you. Huckleberries are very unique in their taste & in their texture, they are tart & sweet, picking them leaves you with red stained fingers & of course mouths :) They are usually about half the size of a blueberry, but I have seen some larger ones that were the same size. The texture is usually very firm, they are my FAVORITE Berry.
This summer the kids & I will have to go huckleberry picking & get some good pictures to post. My Dad is a Logger, the summer before last the job they were on had LOTS of great Huckleberry bushes & he brought home so many containers filled that their freezer was well stocked for awhile with YUMMY Huckleberries.

1 comment:

R Allen said...

Have never heard of huckleberries!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie