Friday, March 19, 2010

My new lifestyle has some great food choices

Here area couple things I have been eating lately.

I make up a batch of very lowfat, low carb, soup once a week, then save it in the fridge to reheat for dinners or lunches. The trick for me is having it in the fridge ready to heat whenever I am hungry, that keeps me from eating other stuff that's on hand here :)

Another thing I have been enjoying is Sesame Cabbage Salad. I thinly chop a head of cabbage, could use a head of lettuce instead, and keep it in the fridge in a gallon zip baggie. It will keep well for at least a week or longer. Then I have containers of minced red onion and carrots in my fridge. I mix up a batch of my own sesame dressing, I always double it at least so I have enough for the week at least. With those all in my fridge this salad take just a minutes toss together. I love topping mine with some, dry roasted, chopped almonds and some sunflower seeds.

A few weeks ago I watched Alton Brown on FN talk about how he lost 50 lbs, it was really neat. I liked his system, he divided foods into eat every day, eat once a week, eat once a month and eat never. 1 thing that totally stuck with me is that Fast Food is on the list of foods that you should NEVER eat. I don't think I had been out for fast food for at least 2 months before I started losing weight and haven't been since. The link is here to his show on this if you are interested.

Lissaloo's Low-Carb Asian Salad Dressing
Ingred;
1/4c. olive oil
1/4c. sesame oil
1/2c. rice wine vinegar
1t. onion powder
1/2t. pepper
1t. ground ginger

Put all ingred in a bottle and shake together, store in the fridge. This recipe doubles well and stores in the fridge for a couple weeks just fine, you will need to shake before using.

Lissaloo's Low-Carb Soup
Ingred;
1/2c. cubed steak meat
1/2c. chopped carrots
1/2c. chopped onions
2T. olive oil
1c. chopped celery
1c. chopped mushrooms
2c. chopped spinach
4c. water
4c. V8 juice
salt and pepper

Heat a large pot, saute the meat, carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms with the olive oil.
When the meat is cooked through stir in the water and V8, bring to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes, stir in the spinach and cook another 5 minutes, or until all the veggies are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 week.

36 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I definitely want to try the soup recipe.

That corgi :) said...

I like that advice from Alton Brown. Makes perfect sense to me.

both the salad dressing and the soup sound good and the key, like you said, is to have things handy to eat when you are hungry. you are doing great!!!

have a great weekend :)

betty

Chicago Mom said...

I am so happy for you! It all sounds like good advice to me, and good food too.

Lissaloo said...

I am sorely tempted at times, I swear the fish sandwich calls my name whenever I drive by Mcd's lol.

Kim said...

Great job staying away from fast food! I can really appreciate that because I know how hard that can be for a Mom;D
I love the way you keep the ingredients and recipes on hand in the fridge for when you are hungry. It's so easy for us Moms to just grab some junk food when we are busy. The asian coleslaw sounds really delicious.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work and thanks for the recipes! Now I just have to find someone to make them for me! :)

Hugs!!

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing those recipes. I also find that keeping a healthy soup in the frig keeps me in line when it comes to eating...no excuses something is waiting for me. The dressing sounds delicious.

Menopausal New Mom said...

Oh wow! I love Asian recipes and healthy to boot! Thanks for posting and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

佩璇 said...

與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的........................................

柏辰 said...

Constant dripping wears away the stone. 滴水穿石!加油! ....................................................

WilburC_Custis said...

Nice blog85cc,咆哮小老鼠,85街,免費影片,情趣爽翻天,愛戀情人用品,交友找啦咧,線上a片,女同志聊天室,sexy,色情網站,網愛聊天室,情色性愛貼圖,小穴,性愛姿勢,陰脣室,成人圖貼,性愛技巧,a片論壇,色情,85c,sexy網,人妻,脫衣,6k,18禁,手淫,性幻想,77p2p,情色,1007,85c,0401,後宮,色情,淫蕩,正妹,77p2p,ut室

SydneyJ22985 said...

very popular to u! ........................................

Nonna Beach said...

I've missed you ! Glad you stopped by for a peek on my blog !
Hope you are all well and happy...

Love,
Nonna

東慶天芳 said...

你所貫徹的形象,你喜愛它有多少百分比,你就幸福多少百分比........................................

劉claren0812ceb_brunette said...

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦........................................

韋于倫成 said...

When everything is coming your way, you are in the wrong lane. ....................................................

佳順 said...

免費a片觀看,凌辱人妻溫泉 豆豆聊天室 s383情色視訊大網咖 免費視訊影片 1111免費成人電影 嘉義視訊哈啦聊天室 絕色成人 av168成人 視訊聊天室aqaq hbo論壇 45av無碼a片 免費視訊聊天網 後宮電影電影院 免費情愛影片 成人免費視訊-玩美女人 dv影視免費線上 嘟嘟kk拓網視訊 sex888免費看影片論壇,18 成人 美女視訊免費看 sogo論壇a片線上看 聊天室ukiss 免費視訊ggo 飄蟲本土自拍論壇區 情趣 用品成人用品維納斯 666成人視訊網 dodo豆豆聊天室 sex888,sexy girl avdvd無碼情色電影 sexy girl免費aa片試看 sex999免費影片兼職援交 影音視訊免費送 300 點 色美媚部落格免費 18 成人dudu sex,h影片 視訊辣妹34c甜心寶貝直播貼片 18 禁亞洲名模瘋情 aio辣妹交友愛情館 李冠儀性感照 視訊交友icc 6k聊天館 免費影片觀賞,sex女優王國 環球辣妹聊天室2009情色文學168論壇 85街免費影片 a片商 成人貼圖站色情av片 sex520-成人網 視訊美女msvt s383情色視訊網 777美女dvd 台灣a片王-avdvd 視訊美女 寫真

育德 said...

憂能傷身,保重哦! ....................................................

于呈均名 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
文君 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
瓊文瓊文 said...

到處逛逛~~來繞繞留個言囉~~~~.................................................................

曉薇 said...

初次拜訪,踩踩您的格子,跟您拜個碼頭囉~~.................................................................

木堯木堯 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

韻玉 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

靜怡 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

恩如 said...

好棒的地方 我一定要常來~~~^^~..................................................................

志穎志穎 said...

安安唷~~幸運的日子送給妳(你)滿滿的幸福,也祝福你天天都開心唷..................................................................

蕭惟秀蕭惟秀 said...

感謝分享--每天都要快樂喔....................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

命運,就是自己行為的結果。..................................................

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.

Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

水慧 said...

u are so kind to post so good artical! i like it!............................................................

琬安琬安 said...

寫文章需要心情~~期待你再一次的好文章............................................................

家榮家榮 said...

thanks god for the chance to enjoy so many good artical.............................................................

WillianT_Smotherman0恆迪 said...

Very good stories~~ Thanks for ur sharing~~!!............................................................

恩梁如恩梁如 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。......................................................................

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie