Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Need a baby shower gift?

I found this cute little burp rag idea on a craft blog called How Does She.....
Both of my Sister in Laws are expecting, there are a few women from church and one of my Hubby's co-workers that I wanted to make something for.
I cheated and bought a couple packages of Utility Towels that were on sale at Shopko to make these. I had some flannel that I bought on sale a few years ago, so my total cost for 5 of these was only 4 $, I am cheap like that :)

I laid the towels on the flannel and cut them to the same size, laid them right sides together and sergered them, leaving a hole so that I could turn them right side out.

I used my sewing machine to top stitch then all the way around. Then I rolled them up and tied with a piece of fabric cut into rickrack ribbons with my new, very first ever, pair of pinking shears :)
See how cute they turned out-

I am going to add some other cute homemade baby goodies to these, once I figure out what else to make, there are too many cute things out there :)

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Great idea! And looks easy.

Chicago Mom said...

Very cute! I love that you can customize them with the flannel.

That corgi :) said...

came out so very cute and looks like it was easy to do too!

betty

Kim said...

You are super crafty and creative!

Holly said...

So cute. I loved personal and fun cloths when my kiddos were babies.

Monica H said...

oooh I love pinking shears. cute craft idea!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie