Friday, September 25, 2009

A beautiful Lemon Dessert and a Duo of Beautiful Awards

I have had this recipe stuck to my fridge for at least 2 months, I don't know why it took me so long to make it was actually pretty quick and easy. Which makes it a perfect one for me, I am going to use this as my base and see how many different flavors I can turn it into : )

Lemon Pots de Creme
Ingred;
2c. cream
1 whole egg
3 egg yolks
1/3c. sugar
2t. lemon extract

Heat oven to 350, place a 9x13 pan in the oven to heat. Start a tea pot up to get some water boiling.
Place cream in a heat proof bowl, microwave for 4-5 minutes until it starts to boil. While that is heating whisk together the all the eggs and the sugar, when the cream is ready whisk in a small amount to temper your eggs. Then whisk the eggs into the hot cream. Whisk in the extract.
Pour into 6 small ramekins, place in your heated 9x13 pan and set in the oven. Pour the boiling water into the 9x13 pan until the water reaches half way of the sides of your ramekins. Cover loosely with tin foil. Bake for 30 min. remove from pan, cool, chill in the fridge overnight. Sprinkle with powder sugar before serving.




Purple Hoodie Chick
very sweetly awarded a couple of awards the first one is the
BINGO Award.I got the B for beautiful and I for Informative, Thanks P H Chick!
This award was started by Bookin With BINGO and
here are the rules: This "B-I-N-G-O" BEAUTIFUL BLOG AWARD
means that this blog is...

B: Beautiful - Goes to Willoughby, she always has such beautiful thoughts and pictures. She is such a genuinely beautiful person inside and out :) And because I know Willoughby has already recieved this award I also want to give this to Holly- because she leaves me such beautiful comments :) This stop Willoughby
What are we going to Eat?
I: Informative -Here I had a tie, I hopes that's ok, Luis and 5th Sister always post such great info, I always come away from their blogs a little bit more informed :) Muddy Runner 5th Sister

N: Neighborly - Betty always leaves me such sweet neighborly comments, I feel like I could walk out my front door walk across the street and tell her all my woes and she would take care of me :) A Corgi in Southern California

G: Gorgeous - Goes to Monica and Brandi for the absolutely gorgeous Cakes and Desserts they post :) Lick the Bowl Good Cakes-a-nonymous

O: Outstanding - Chicago Mom is such an outstanding on the ball Gal, she always has a great menu planned out every week. Recipes too! I always know where to look when I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner :) What's for Dinner?



This reward I have had before so I am going to link you to my other post Honestly Me

And I want to pass this award to-
1-Chicago Mom
2-Lee at I want to make that!
3- Mini Baker
4-Stephanie
5-kyslp
6-Betty
7- My Hubby

The rules can be found on my previous post along with my 7 things about me!

Thanks again Purple Hoodie Chick!

10 comments:

Lee said...

Wow!! Thank you thank you thank you!! You are super sweet and that made my day!!

Monica H said...

G for gorgeous! I am so very flattered. This completely made my day. You are too kind, thank you so very much Lissaloo!

Tracie said...

Thank you so much! It was very nice of you to think of me!

Willoughby said...

Thank you so much for the award and the lovely things you said about my blog! I'm so flattered that I think I may be blushing!

The Pots de Creme looks tres magnifique! I hope you post the other flavors you try. How about a Wild Huckleberry flavor??? You've got everyone in my family hooked on wild huckleberry!

betty said...

those pots de creme look yummy!!! I'm always inspired to cook after I visit your blog and you've posted your latest creation

thanks for the awards! that is soooooo sweet of you :)

I like the BINGO award; hadn't seen that one before, so very clever

thanks again and congrats yourself

and it would be awesome if we were next door neighbors :) I would be one well-fed lady :)

betty

Unknown said...

Wow! I am honored! To be considered the same caliber as Luis? You just made my day! I'm off to work so will mull this one over before I post my nominees!

Mini Baker said...

AWW!! Thank you so much! I am so very honored to be mentioned :)
Thanks for being a loyal reader to Mini Baker! I love your blog as well :)
Happy Baking,
M.B.

Mini Baker said...

AWW!! Thank you so much! I am so very honored to be mentioned :)
Thanks for being a loyal reader to Mini Baker! I love your blog as well :)
Happy Baking,
M.B.

Chicago Mom said...

Thank you so much for the two awards - it was so nice of you to think of me!

Brandy L said...

Oh my goodness! thank you so much for the Award! G for Gorgeous. :D I am very honored.

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie