Friday, September 11, 2009

Sausage Meatball stuffed 'Shrooms

At a wedding we went to last month one of the things that were served at the reception were some yummy mushroom caps topped with meatballs. I really wanted to try making some. I think the ones we had were more of a ground beef, sausage mixture but I only used sausage. Also once I had made these they didn't look quite like the picture in my head. So I am going to have to try again, I think I need to bake off the meatballs and then put them in the mushroom caps and heat them through. Even though they weren't quite what I had remembered these were really, really good.

Sausage meatball stuffed Mushrooms

Ingred;
1 pkg reg. mushrooms, the bigger the better
1/4 c. cream cheese, softened
1/2c. parmesan cheese
1T. parsley
1/2 lb ground sausage
1/2t. salt
1/2t. onion powder
1/4t. pepper

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place top down in a 8x13 pan. In a small bowl mix together the sausage, parsley, parmesan cheese, & pepper. Make into small meatballs and set aside. In another small bowl mix together the cream cheese, salt and onion powder, put about 1/2t. full of this mixture into each of the mushroom caps and top that off with a meatball.
I baked these at 375, I didn't time them very well, it took 30-45 min. maybe. I just watched them and when the meatballs started to brown on top I took them out.

These were sooooooo good, this version will definitely be made again (in fact I am trying to come up with an excuse to make them this weekend). But I do want to try again to make something closer to what we had.
If any of you have had anything similar to this I would love to hear about it, and borrow your recipe! :) :) :)

6 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These sound absolutely fantastic. I bet they were wonderful!

Kristina P. said...

What a great take on your usual sausage stuffed mushroom!

This Wife Cooks said...

I have actually never tried stuffed mushrooms with sausage, but they sound good!

Monica H said...

These look delicious to me, I can't imagine what you come up with.

BashfulToast said...

This looks and sounds amazing. I love mushrooms.lol I think i'm going to have to make dinner one night with these!!

betty said...

looks delicious! we haven't ventured out too much doing things with mushrooms and stuffing them yet, but its on our agenda to try; if we do,I'll try to remember to blog about it :)

betty

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie