Friday, September 11, 2009

Sausage Meatball stuffed 'Shrooms

At a wedding we went to last month one of the things that were served at the reception were some yummy mushroom caps topped with meatballs. I really wanted to try making some. I think the ones we had were more of a ground beef, sausage mixture but I only used sausage. Also once I had made these they didn't look quite like the picture in my head. So I am going to have to try again, I think I need to bake off the meatballs and then put them in the mushroom caps and heat them through. Even though they weren't quite what I had remembered these were really, really good.

Sausage meatball stuffed Mushrooms

Ingred;
1 pkg reg. mushrooms, the bigger the better
1/4 c. cream cheese, softened
1/2c. parmesan cheese
1T. parsley
1/2 lb ground sausage
1/2t. salt
1/2t. onion powder
1/4t. pepper

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place top down in a 8x13 pan. In a small bowl mix together the sausage, parsley, parmesan cheese, & pepper. Make into small meatballs and set aside. In another small bowl mix together the cream cheese, salt and onion powder, put about 1/2t. full of this mixture into each of the mushroom caps and top that off with a meatball.
I baked these at 375, I didn't time them very well, it took 30-45 min. maybe. I just watched them and when the meatballs started to brown on top I took them out.

These were sooooooo good, this version will definitely be made again (in fact I am trying to come up with an excuse to make them this weekend). But I do want to try again to make something closer to what we had.
If any of you have had anything similar to this I would love to hear about it, and borrow your recipe! :) :) :)

6 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These sound absolutely fantastic. I bet they were wonderful!

Kristina P. said...

What a great take on your usual sausage stuffed mushroom!

***Holly*** said...

I have actually never tried stuffed mushrooms with sausage, but they sound good!

Monica H said...

These look delicious to me, I can't imagine what you come up with.

PurpleHoodieChick said...

This looks and sounds amazing. I love mushrooms.lol I think i'm going to have to make dinner one night with these!!

a corgi said...

looks delicious! we haven't ventured out too much doing things with mushrooms and stuffing them yet, but its on our agenda to try; if we do,I'll try to remember to blog about it :)

betty

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie