Saturday, September 26, 2009

More Mochi, More 'Shrooms and 5 Words from Willoughby

I made a Pumpkin Mochi Cake, I got the recipe from Allrecipes, there are quite a few Mochi recipes on there. Just type Mochi in the search box and check them all out! The picture isn't all that great but it was definitely a hit here at my house.

Pumpkin Mochi

Ingred;
2-1/2c. mochiko
2t. baking powder
2c. sugar
4 eggs
1- 30 oz can pumpkin
1- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1c. melted butter
2t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
Sift together the mochiko, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix together the eggs, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir this mixture into the dry mixture. Pour into the pan.
Bake for 1 hour, cool before serving.

I enjoy pumpkin desserts, and I really liked this but I think the Lemon Mochi is my favorite still :) :) :)


I made some 'shrooms tonight, they got a little overdone but were still tasty. I used the Parmesan puff filling I had leftover from yesterday in them, it worked really well. I wouldn't have overbaked them, they smelled so yummy I knew they were done, but I was distracted by a giant spider in my kiddos game cupboard. Yuck.

I received 5 words from Willoughby to play along in a Game.
If anyone else wants to play let me know and I can give you five words.

#1-Cold, I like the cold, not freezing cold exactly just chilly cold. My Mom has always called me a heater, because from the time I was really small I was always very, very warm blooded. As a Teen my family always made me keep my bedroom door closed because I liked to keep my windows open year round, even in winter. I grew up in Montana remember so it got pretty chilly in there at times.

#2-Light, I am a big fan of natural lighting. I like to leave the lights in my house off until it's almost too dark to see because I don't like the fake light. Hubby thinks I'm strange, so I tell him it only looks so dark because he is getting old, lol.

#3-Painting, I wish I could paint. Landscapes, Seascapes ( anything with escape in it sounds good to me :) I even took painting classes once a week for almost a year. And I still can't paint, I gave up the day I realized Miss B's paintings looked better than mine.

#4-Change, as most of you know I am not a big fan of change. I would like it if things stayed the same, and never changed :)

#5-Inspire, My children are my biggest inspiration. Everyday they inspire me to be better, I am constantly amazed by how giving and sweet they are to each other and those around them. They Inspire me everyday.


10 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Your children are adorable. They look so peaceful there. I've never heard of mochi but it looks delicious.

betty said...

I haven't heard of mochi either, I need to check on that; the recipe looks yummy!

I liked reading your five words; I too always wished I could paint, but hey, you cook really good!

I'm with you about the light; I even started taking a shower without turning the light on; I like to walk around with no lights on at night just to get used to things in case we have a power outage or something

I asked for 5 words from another person who was doing it, but if she doesn't give me 5 words soon, I'll be back to ask you for some

have a good Sunday

betty

Willoughby said...

I have got to stop visiting your blog when I'm hungry! I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee that would go so well with your pumpkin mochi cake....my stomach is growling!

I loved your interpretation of the five words! I hope you had fun working with them. I purposely chose a few words that could be used as nouns or verbs (light, painting, change) so you could use them any way you like. Your explanation for Inspiration was my favorite, though. Isn't it funny how, as parents, we want to inspire our children, but in the end they inspire us?

The picture of your kids is so sweet! I'm glad you posted it, it made me smile!

Chicago Mom said...

I hope Miss K is feeling better soon!

Your cake looks so yummy! But I am not a mushroom fan.

BashfulToast said...

The cake and mushrooms look awesome! I've never had pumpkin anything tho. And your kids are adorable! I love how they all seem to be so close!

Tracie said...

I never had a mochi anything. I'm not sure I know what it is. I love pumpkin desserts though. I always make Paula Deen's Pumkin Gooey Butter Cakes. They are delicious.

I'm with you on the change thing, too. Unfortunately, we live in an ever-changing world. (Sometimes that is a good thing, come to think of it!)

Anonymous said...

Hey lady. thanks for stopping by the got org blog.. things are fine, just busy and am running otu of things to blog about I fear LOL

Lissaloo said...

Those of you who haven't tried it need to! Mochi is really yummy :)

Betty, Let me know if you want those words :)
Willoughby, Thank you for the words they were great. Really got me thinking :)
Chicago mom,
Miss K is doing much better, she has a chair fall on her head, at school, she ended up with a slight concussion. Poor kiddo has a huge bruise :(
PH Chick,
They are best buddies, except when they are fighting,lol.
kyslp, I need to make one of those they sound so yummy :)
Spasm

Lissaloo said...

Spasm, I'm glad thats why, beginning of the school year is always crazy around here too :)

Monica H said...

Your kiddos are so sweet.

Overcooked or not, those shrooms look good to me! And I love anything pumpkin.

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie