Friday, September 25, 2009

Parmesan Puffs and Focaccia

I have been trying to use some of the recipes from my Allrecipe collection that I keep adding to, every time I go on there I end adding at least 2! I will never get caught up at this rate :)

The two I just tried are-
Parmesan Puffs
Easiest Focaccia Recipe

Tonight I am making a pizza casserole recipe from there, that will make my total for today 3 I am slowly making headway, I will keep you posted on that one :)

So here is the Focaccia Bread, it didn't brown up very well but it was pretty good. I think next time I will double the sugar and add a little salt to the dough, we'll see what that does. Because as the recipe stated it's "Extremely easy, fast and cheap" see it's right up my alley :)

Easiest Focaccia Recipe

Ingred;
1t. sugar
2-1/2T. yeast
2/3c. warm water
2c. flour
olive oil
salt
toppings

Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water, let stand until creamy. Mix in the flour, stir until well combined. Knead for a few minutes, I let my Kitchen Aid do that for me :)
Place dough in a bowl that has been lightly oiled and let raise for about 30 min. Heat oven to 475, pat dough in to a rectangle drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with your topping. I used chopped green and black olives. Bake for 10 minutes for chewy bread or let bake 20 min for a bit crisper bread.

Now this next recipe I altered a bit and came up with a couple of tasty appetizers.


Parmesan Puffs

Ingred;
1/2c. water
1/4c. butter
1/2c. flour
2 eggs
3/4c. parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375, lightly grease a baking sheet.
Bring the water and butter to a boil, whisk in the flour until it forms a ball. Remove from heat and dump into your mixing bowl, beat in the eggs one by one. Then beat in the cheese. Scrape sides, using a small scoop- scoop into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 min. until puffed and golden brown.

Now there are a few things you can do with these, the original recipe suggest dipping in marinara sauce. I made a butter garlic sauce to dip them in while they were warm, which was tasty. Then I dipped the tops of the remaining puffs in the butter and let cool then I filled them with a yummy cream cheese crab mixture-

Parm Puff Filling

Ingred;
4oz cream cheese
1/4c. immatation crab
1/4c. chopped olives
1/2t. salt

Blend all together with a food processor and pipe into the center of the puffs, refridgerate any leftovers.

Now mine are a little big because I haven't been able to find my small scoop since we moved, so I had to use a big one. But with the small one these would be such cute little appetizers! They were very tasty : )

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Both look amazing and delicious!

Willoughby said...

I have a recipe almost identical to the parmesan puffs (it has a French name that I can't seem to remember), but I've never filled them. What an awesome idea!! Unfilled they are great for a wine tasting or cocktail party. Filled would be even better!

BashfulToast said...

Heyy, I have an award for you on my blog! Come check it out!

Lee said...

That looks SO good, and your pictures are awesome! Mine suck!! LOL! I haven't ever made anything with yeast, I'll have to try it. I'm going shopping this weekend to pick up all my Halloween crafting items!!!!

Monica H said...

My heavens, that cheese puff filled with crab is so tempting! My brother bought a ton of crab last night for dinner and I have a couple cups left. I might have to try these out :-)

Tracie said...

Oh, those both look so good! I love Allrecipes, don't you? Also, I love cheese.

betty said...

love the parmesan puffs, they look like they would make a great appetizer! I have to admire you for your efforts to try out all the recipes you find that you lie. Usually I just save mine in a file and then pull them out when I'm looking for something new down the road

enjoy your weekend :)

betty

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie