Monday, August 10, 2009

Birthday Cake update

Hubby's birthday was last Thurs. I had a wonderful cake all planned out,
devils food cake 4 layer, filled with chocolate mousse and chopped maraschino cherries. Now his birthday just happened to fall on the same day as his younger brothers wedding rehearsal night. So although the cake did get make , with some help from my marvelous cake decorating Sister in Law J, I didn't get a picture. But it was super yummy, so I will be recreating it and posting a picture in the future. Thank You all who helped me out with your great ideas and thoughts!

6 comments:

betty said...

sounds delicious! happy belated birthday to hubby! glad it all worked out in the end and came out good :)

betty

Chicago Mom said...

Glad to hear you came up with something the hubby liked. Sounds like you had a busy weekend!

Monica H said...

can't wait to see your recreation! it sounds delicious!

Willoughby said...

That sounds delicious! I was wondering if you found a recipe (or invented one) that would fill your husband's request.

BTW - We are loving the huckleberry items from the give away! I think the huckleberry honey is my favorite. A little of that on some toasted multigrain bread is out of this world delicious!!!! Thank you again!

Unknown said...

Your recent food posts are fabulous! I'm saving the brownie recipe and the cantelope soup is definitely something I'll try as I have several about to ripen in my garden. Can't wait to see the cake photo, too!

Stephanie Faris said...

Sounds yummy. No calories too, right? :-)

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie