Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stress wouldn't be so hard to take if it were Chocolate covered


Chocolate Mousse covered that is.
This Chocolate Mousse tastes almost exactly like the mousse filling you get in the sheets cakes at Costco. It has a great consistency for a mousse cake filling but is a little thick and rich for just spooning up a cupful, unless it's an absolute emergency :)




Mocha or not Mousse

Ingred;
6 oz chocolate, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4c. sugar
1/4c. cream
2t. instant expresso powder- optional
1c. heavy cream

Place mixing bowl in the freezer to chill, put chocolate, sugar and 1/4c. cream into a glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 sec. intervals stirring after each one until chocolate is melted. It took me 1-1/2 min to melt mine. Set it in the fridge to chill while you whip that cream into shape.
Whip the cream in your chilled bowl until stiff peaks form, fold in your chilled chocolate mixture, spoon into a gallon size zip baggie and refrigerate for at least 2 hours...

6 comments:

Willoughby said...

I have chocolate emergencies on a regular basis! This looks awesome!

betty said...

if it is an emergency, I'm sure I would be eating it directly from the mixing bowl! it looks soooo good! it would also be neat if chocolate also came with zero calories :)

betty

ChristineM said...

oh, YUM!!! That looks gooooood!

I think I'll make one mocha and one not and compare the two! ;)

BashfulToast said...

Looks really good. Chocolate is the best! And Mocha? Even better.=]

Stephanie Faris said...

My stomach just growled when I looked at that! It looks incredible!!!!!

Donna-FFW said...

Great minds think alike. I just posted one of these. Yours sounds fantastic, Ill try it next!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie