Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blessed with Sisters


There are friends,
And there are relatives,
And there are relatives who are friends.
And there are friends who are as close as a relative.

I have some great Sisters who are among my dearest of friends,

My oldest Sister J, who gave me my love of reading, who no matter how bad things are at the time always manages to make me remember all the good. She has the most beautiful smile, just seeing that smile always makes me feel as though I am home.

My Sister B, who taught me to cook, who taught me that there is NOTHING I can't cook if I want to. I can call her when I am fuming mad and just minutes later I am laughing so hard I am in tears. She is the Sister who always has my back.

My Sister C, she is younger than me so I got to mother her a bit for practice, she has the biggest heart, she is always there for me whatever I need.

My lil' Sister J, always makes me laugh.

I am so lucky to be blessed with 4 wonderful sisters, there couldn't be any better in the world. And I give Thanks to God, and my sweet Mommer every day for giving them to me, cause I don't know what I would do without them.

This post wouldn't be complete with out also adding in a Sister of my Heart,

My <3 Sister J, we have been friends since we were babies, so we might as well have been sisters. She has always had a way of seeing the good in everything, of making everything a good thing. She gives me comfort when I need it, then reminds me that all is good in its own way. She is a wonderful, Amazing, Giving person and a true treasure as a Friend & a Sister.

Today started out rather crappy, and I haven't talked to any of my Sisters today, but I looked through some pictures, and thought a lot. And ended up crying and feeling more grateful than mad after awhile. So I thought I would sit and write some of this down.

Alright, I am done being a sappy, goo :)
I have some fun recipes I have been meaning to post hopefully I will get them up by tomorrow. Happy Thursday all :)

7 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Awww. There are sisters we're born with and sisters we choose. The ones we choose are often the biggest blessing of all. But being close to your sisters is a huge gift in itself. Unfortunately, I don't get to see mine very often since she's all the way in Chicago.

betty said...

what a sweet entry! what a blessing to have 4 sisters too! I'm sorry the day started off 'wrong'; hoping you are feeling better now :)

betty

Willoughby said...

I'm the only girl in my family, so I have no sisters, but I always wanted one. When I was younger, I used to think it was unfair that my brothers had a sister (me), but all I had were brothers!

ChristineM said...

What a nice post!

I have two sisters... both named Susan. :) Well, technically I suppose they're half-sisters! One's mom's daughter, one's dad's. Lost track of my dad's daughter somehow...your post makes me want to track her down!

nellie : ) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'm glad that you stole our read aloud book if it gave you a love of reading - love ya - Sister J

Unknown said...

As this 5th Sister can attest...one's relationship with their sister(s) is so special and unlike any other. Yes, our sisters teach us much, love us most, can be maddening at times but the bond is always there! Great post!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie