Friday, August 28, 2009

Pretty in Peach or was that suppose to be Pink???

I am posting this recipe to enter in Deb's Souper Sunday. Which is really fun, there are always a great bunch of soups, salads and sandwiches posted every Sunday. So if you like soup, and we all know I do, you should go check it out :)

I wanted to try another fruit soup so I tried this one-

Pretty Peach Soup

Ingred;
1/2c. frozen raspberries
3c. half thawed peaches
2T. lemon juice
1c. peach nectar
1c. vanilla yogurt
1/4c. sugar
1t. almond extract

Blend together the peaches and lemon juice.
Add in the rest off the ingred. EXCEPT the raspberries.
Blend until smooth.
Put some frozen berries in the bottom of your bowls/cups- 6 med sized.
Pour the soup over the berries, then garnish with a couple on top.

Now I have decided that fruit soups are a lot like fruit smoothies,
and I think I am over my fruit soup phase for now :)
This was really yummy, I tested it out on my guinea pig first, um I mean daughter.

And not only did she like it, she did this-

Then she asked " Can I have some more?"
Ahhhh the music to every Mom's ears.

I have started a couple of other blogs, one is for kids Crafts and the other one is about Herbs, Natural Healing & products. I have buttons for them on my side bar if anyone is interested in checking them out.

11 comments:

This Wife Cooks said...

Hmmm...I don't know if I like fruit soups. It does seem more smoothie-like than something you would serve as a meal. Your soup came out really pretty! Great photos!

Kristina P. said...

I LOVE peaches! This sounds delicious!

ChristineM said...

I've never been into cold soups or fruit soups, but call it a smoothie, and I'm ALL OVER THIS ONE! ;)

(Cute guinea pig, too!)

Monica H said...

It's pretty. And from the looks of it she liked it!

Lissaloo said...

Darn kid, she drank her's & mine too! lol :)

betty said...

it seems weird to think of fruit soup, but when you say it tastes like a smoothie, I can relate to that; very tasty I would imagine! must be a hard job to be a guinea pig in your house sometimes :)

I think I would apply for it (guinea pig job) if it ever comes open :)

betty

BashfulToast said...

Hmmm, never heard of fruit soup before. Sounds and looks really good though.

Are you copying me on the whole double blog thing? haha just kidding!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

It sounds delicious with the raspberries and peaches and it is so pretty too. Thanks for sending it along to Souper Sundays.

Stephanie Faris said...

That looks DEEEEEEEEE-licious! I'm printing out the recipe now.

Lee said...

Dang, that looks good. You post good food! Oh, and the sesame does kind of smell, but the EO's mask the sesame odor. Let me know how yours turns out. I am determined to make one that will work!

Nonna said...

Appears that Peachie thing was a real hit...sounds creamy, sweet and delicious !

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie