Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crispy Chicken Flatbread Wrap with Nellie's Avocado Salsa

I got the idea for this from the Blog What's for Dinner? She posted about Chicken Strip Tacos a couple weeks ago, I think, and I have been craving them ever since! Not only is she a great cook she is also one organized Lady I tell ya, if you need help organizing your pantry or figuring out weekly meal planning she is the Woman.

Crispy Chicken Flatbread Wrap
Ingred;
flatbread, I used whole wheat
cooked, still hot, crispy chicken strips, sliced
lettuce
shredded cheese
ranch dressing
Nellie's Avocado Salsa

I heated the bread in my microwave for about 15 sec, so I could wrap without it tearing, then placed in my lettuce, cheese and chicken squirted on some ranch. Then I added on top some of the avocado salsa and set some on the side for dipping. You could add in any sliced peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, the list could go on and on.

This was sooooo yummy, it had me wishing I had bought that spicy ranch dressing that caught my eye last week. It was wonderful without it though. This makes a pretty good sized sandwich, so unless you're REALLY hungry I would suggest you slice this in half and share with a friend :)

My little sister came up to visit and she made this delicious salsa for me, we dipped pieces of flatbread in it, heaven!

Nellie's Avocado Salsa
Ingred;
2 avacados, finely chopped
1 med. tomato, finely chopped
2 T. lime juice
1/2t. garlic salt
1/2t. onion powder

Stir all together and serve. This would be a great make ahead appetizer, this picture was taken a day after she made it and it held up really well. Good stuff.

4 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

That chicken wrap looks delicious.

Tammy said...

This looks sooo yummy!!

betty said...

yum! that Nellie's avocado salsa sounds delicious too! thanks for posting it; I think it will be on my menu for next week :)

betty

Willoughby said...

It's only 7:00 am and now I want a flatbread sandwich and salsa! Think it would taste good with coffee?!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie