Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Breakfast treat on the First Day of School

I am a day late and as always a $ short. But better late than never right? :)
For the kiddos breakfast to go with their cinnamon oatmeal I made them
Baked Granola stuffed Pears.
I even got a picture, the camera was right there first day of school pic's & all that.


Baked Granola stuffed Pears
Ingred;

1-2 cans reg. sized pears, halved
1/4c. plain granola
1T. butter
1/4c. brown sugar
1/2t. cinnamon

Oven 450
Pour the pears, juice and all, into a cake pan or pie plate. Lay with the middle up. Put the rest of the ingred. in a food processor and blend together. Fill the holes in the pears with a spoonful of filling and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for about 10 min. then broil until sugar is melted, about 2-5 min.

13 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

didja notice my mention of you on my blog? Tohse choco cherry cookies are for you.

This sounds absolutely delicious, Id love it myself.

betty said...

cinnamon oatmeal and granola stuffed pears! wow, what a good mother you are!!! my kids used to get Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and orange juice from the fridge.

hoping your kids have a great school year!

betty

This Wife Cooks said...

You're an inspiration! I should try to come up with some sort of back to school breakfast, although I'm not so sure my teenagers would appreciate it much. They're pretty picky :)

ChristineM said...

Yum! What a great idea! I;mgoing to try those for sure!

Lee said...

That looks decadent!! If I can get the energy, I will make that for my kids one morning!

Kristina P. said...

Delicious, once again!!

BashfulToast said...

Sounds good. Although i'm not sure if i like pears. But it looks good enough i'll try them!

Your kids must start school early. My first day isn't until the 8th of September.

Stephanie Faris said...

Oh my gosh that looks delicious! Printing out recipe now.

Chicago Mom said...

You are such a good mommy! My poor kid got frozen pancakes - lol!

Lissaloo said...

My son has an oatmeal addiction, 1 of the girls likes cold cereal, and the other 2 are flip floppers- so we rotate between those 2 choices usually.
This is also really yummy with peaches :)

Monica H said...

What a special treat for the kids on their first day of school!

Willoughby said...

That looks delicious! I haven't even thought about what my kids are going to have for breakfast on the first day of school! They're not big eaters in the morning, so I usually make homemade granola bars.

Nonna said...

WOW, what a creative breakfast...sounds great...you're such a great Mom !

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie