Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Delight Fruit Salad


Salad

Ingred;
1 pkg strawberries, washed & cut in quarters
1/2 lb red grapes, washed
1 mango, peeled & cubed
3 kiwi, peeled sliced

Dressing

Ingred;
1/4c. pomegranate juice
1T. balsamic vinegar
1t. instant tea mix

Stir together all of the fruit, whisk together your dressing ingred. and pour over top. Serve immediately. If not serving immediately keep the dressing separate until ready to serve.


This was really, really good, I could eat it everyday! Seriously, I am already planning to make this again to go with our dinner on Sunday, we are having company over and this will be a great side dish.
I used Blueberry pomegranate juice, a lemon balsamic, and a raspberry ice tea powder. I think raspberries and apples would also be delicious in this & If you didn't want to use tea you could substitute a powdered lemon or orange drink mix.

The Girls liked it so much they had a mini-fork war to get the last pieces out of the bottom of the bowl. Ya gotta watch out for the little one, she's quick.

5 comments:

Talita said...

Yummm... I love fruit salad! So colorful, light, healthy!

Stephanie Faris said...

Mmmm. I'm not a big fan of pomegranate but I suppose other fruits could be substituted?

betty said...

interesting with the dressing; I wouldn't have thought of putting those things together (pomegrante and the ice-tea flavoring); will have to try this too!

betty

Monica H said...

what an interesting fruit sauce. I have pom juice in the fridge- lucky me!

Willoughby said...

So pretty! I love the margarita glass presentation. Very professional looking!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie