Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Krafting with Miss K- Windchimes

The kids really wanted to make their own wind chimes so we did some brainstorming to think of things we could use to make them by using stuff we already had. We found a bunch of old keys that I have no idea what they go to, and a bunch of washers that we swiped from the garage, shhhhh....... Don't tell Daddy!
We thought this would make a great Krafting with Miss K, so she got nominated to show you all what we did.
Here are our finds-

I used some wire I had in my scrapbooking supplies and we used about 6 inches of wire to make a loop through each key and washer-

Then we strung them all onto a strand of wire twisting them each so they would stay in place (this would part have been a lot easier with wire hangers, but we didn't have any). Once they were all on we twisted the wire into a circle and added another strand of wire so we could hang them. (I'm telling ya, wire hanger= easier)

Here we have one hanging outside on our back porch-

They make a wonderful chiming sound :) :) :)

9 comments:

Chicago Mom said...

What a great craft for the kids, as well as a neat idea to recycle those old things!

betty said...

very clever!! I like how you recycled those keys (and washers, but whose telling dad). I hope you have windy days so you can enjoy the sound of those windchimes!

betty

This Wife Cooks said...

Cute! Very shabby chic! ;)

nellie : ) said...

How cool is that!! I want one!

BashfulToast said...

That's a really awesome idea. I love wind chimes.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Willoughby said...

Those are adorable! What a fun project. I always think about making the windchimes with old silverware that you see on the shabby chic websites, but I don't have any silverware I'm willing to part with. I do have keys, washers and hardware, though! Great idea!

Monica H said...

This really is a cute idea. I love it. I've seen wind chimes using leftover forks and spoons too!

Gracey said...

Great idea! :)

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie