Thursday, August 13, 2009

Warm Peach Gratin

Since it was a chilly morning here I decided that this would make a wonderful tasty breakfast.

Ingred;
1c. sour cream
1/4c. half 'n half
1/4c. sugar
1t. rum
3-4 peeled and sliced peaches (or you can cheat & use canned ;)
2T. brown sugar

Arrange peach slices in a pie plate, Mix together the sour cream, half n' half, sugar & rum. Spoon over the peaches, sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Broil for a few minutes until bubbly, serve warm.

The verdict on this one- Everyone wished the recipe made more, it was pretty tasty & will definitely be made here again. This would probably be very pretty heated and served in individual ramekins. The rum could be replaced with vanilla or almond extract. The half n' half could be replaced with cream, same amount, or milk, probably half the amount. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never thought to add sour cream, brown sugar and rum to my "peaches and cream". This looks awesome and may be the dessert for a dinner party I'm hosting next week. Mmmmmmmm

betty said...

I'm coming to your house for breakfast! that looks delicious! and easy to make :)

betty

Kristina P. said...

This is easy, simple, and looks delicious!

Monica H said...

This kind of reminds me of the romanoff sauce I make except it uses brown sugar instead. This would be delicious with peaches and warm- mmm!

Willoughby said...

That looks delicious! And when I saw there was rum in it, I was sold!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie