Monday, August 10, 2009

Chocolate Buttermilk Snack Cake


Ingred;
3-1/2c. flour
1-1/2c. cocoa powder
2c. sugar
2t. baking soda
1/2t.salt
1c. butter, melted
2c. buttermilk
3t.vanilla

Stir together the dry ingred, then add in the wet ones. Bake at 350 for 35-45 min in a greased 9x13 pan.

Ok, now this was pretty good, I mean really it's chocolate you can't ever go wrong with chocolate right? But I was expecting something a little denser, and this is pretty much like a regular cake. The recipe is eggless, which makes it a good cake recipe for peope who can't have eggs. Or in case you're like me and really want to bake something but just looked into the fridge and realized you were out of eggs :)

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm actually not a chocolate cake fan, unless it's really dense. Chocolate cake doesn't tend to be super moist like yellow cake does.

Lissaloo said...

Update on this-
We just had this for breakfast, and after sitting overnight it has gotten a really nice dense texture to it! Yay!

betty said...

glad I read your comment that it "densed" up overnight. I'll have to try it sometime! anything chocolate is always a good thing to bake in my opinion

betty

Chicago Mom said...

Sounds like a nice alternative to brownies. You are right, you can't go wrong with chocolate!

Monica H said...

it needs a good load of frosting or ice cream!

Willoughby said...

Mmmmm, it looks good to me!

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie