Saturday, August 22, 2009

I can multi-task, really I can

I have so many recipes book marked from Donna's Blog, & occasionally I actually make one. The other day she shared one that I was just dying to make- Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars.
I made a special trip to the grocery store to get the oatmeal cookie mix and apple pie filling that I needed to make this.

Now it's been so hot here that I have been doing my baking in the morning or late in the evening, so this morning I got everything out and begin making these.

Of course there were a small swarm of children with the usual questions- whatcha doin? whatcha makin? When are you going to feed us? Can I eat candy for breakfast? hahahaha!
So while I was mixing and preparing this I also set them all up with their breakfast, which is never a silent affair. One kiddo wanted to know where I thought the dog had buried his bone, another wanted to know which earring I thought she should wear, yadda, yadda, yadda. So while I was mixing and talking- cause I do TRY to multi-task, I finished making the bars and slid the pan into the oven.

Hubby walks in and asks Whatcha makin? I turned to look at him- Apple Streusel Cheesecake ba.......... I trail off as something on the counter catches my eye. There on the counter is my can-full can- of apple pie filling that was suppose to be in the middle of my bars! That were in the oven baking!!! We had a good laugh and I decided to put the filling on top after the bars had chilled.

Sorry Donna, I had good intentions, apparently I just lack focus. These were really good, but now I will have to wonder how much better they would have been if I had actually payed attention and made them right??? LOL.

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It still looks good!

Donna-FFW said...

Oh that is just too funny... See what kids do to ya. I am so glad you tried them, they really are wonderful. Love how you improvised:)

BashfulToast said...

Haha, at least you didn't forget something more important!!

Chicago Mom said...

Why do kids think you will give them candy for breakfast? Mine always asks for chocolate and of course my answer is NO, but it makes me wonder what my husband feeds her when I'm not around... LOL!
I cannot WAIT to try this recipe - they sound SO good! I wish I could blow some of this cold air your way, it's 66 degrees here right now! Yikes!

betty said...

how cute! but it looks like it turned out delicious in the end! love your new blog header!

so neat the kids are interacting with you, even if it is to ask if they can have candy for breakfast; (miss those days, they grow soooo fast)

enjoy Sunday

betty

Monica H said...

But you made it work and I'm sure it still tasted great. This recipe does look very tasty!

Stephanie Faris said...

Those look absolutely YUMMMMMMMMMY!

thrasherswife said...

just another reason to make them again... but boy do they look yummy already!! By the way, love the new look on the blog!!

Willoughby said...

I put those on my "must try" list when I saw them on Donna's blog, too! They look delicious.

I think putting the apple filling on top was a great idea!

This Wife Cooks said...

Looks yummy! The apples on top actually make it look prettier than it might have otherwise. ;)

Nonna said...

That is so funny...last time I goofed up a recipe, it was deviled eggs...I put salt in twice and had to throw the whole batch away.

I like it better that way, with the apples on top...it really makes my mouth water !

Thank you!!!

Black & White Movie